Bilingual (FR/EN) Registered Counsellor (Part Time)
Are you a seasoned therapist interested in collaborating with physicians using a model that breaks the molds of conventional care? Do you enjoy taking a proactive approach to working with your clients? Are you excited by the promise technology is bringing to healthcare?
At Alavida, our sole focus is to empower people to have a healthier relationship with alcohol. We walk the walk when it comes to client-centered care. Our clients set their own goals for treatment together with guidance from our clinicians. There are no unnecessary hurdles (lifetime abstinence goals, admissions of guilt, time off work, etc.) to being accepted into the Alavida program. We simply provide the best tools available to help them to achieve their goals and we get results!
Why work at Alavida? Watch here and visit our website to learn more!
Role and Responsibilities
This is a part-time RSW or RCC counselling position, with opportunities to work remotely or at Vancouver office
Success in this position will require:
- The ability to instill hope and non-judgmental communication with clients.
- The ability to conduct effective therapeutic interactions in person and via secure video-conference.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing clinical consultation.
- A commitment to providing evidence-based treatment, and to evaluating program outcomes.
- The ability to work independently and seek direction when you need it.
- Motivation to work collaboratively with a strong team of therapists and physicians in the addiction field.
- Comfort delivering manualized treatment with the ability to be flexible in your therapeutic approach.
- Interest in ongoing learning and development.
At Alavida, patient results are at the core of our culture. Therapist performance will be measured using the following metrics:
1. Patient Outcomes
2. Patient Satisfaction
3. Charting Quality
- A Master’s degree in counselling or related-field.
- Registration with a clinical professional licensing body (e.g., RSW, CCC, RCC)
- Fluent in French and English
- 5 years counselling experience.
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective therapeutic relationships.
- Conscientious approach to note taking and client data collection.
- Passion for working with addiction populations and an interest in harm-reduction approaches.
- Empathetic nature and positive attitude to challenges.
- Work with physicians in a shared-care model
- Collaboration with other seasoned substance use therapists during regular consultations.
- Be a part of changing the way alcohol addiction is treated
- Health technology at your fingertips
- Flexible work environment
- Paid training